What is it?
Generic Ethernet Access (GEA) is a type of Ethernet connectivity that harnesses copper technology between the premises and the cabinet, and then fibre to the exchange, before handing over data to the Ethernet network.
With GEA customers can get:
- Symmetrical speeds of up to 20Mbps.
- Installation can be within 18 working days.
- SLA (service level agreement)
- 24/7 UK based maintenance, monitoring and technical support.
- Back up options are available for resilience.
- GEA places more emphasis on a higher download speed rather than the upload speed.
- GEA is quite similar to the FTTC (fibre to the cabinet) as it uses the copper infrastructure that can be found between the customer location and cabinet.
- The installation process can be done in under 2 weeks.
- GEA is all about offering the best network speeds and increase the profitability of any business.
- GEA is one of the best internet connectivity choices for any company.